Element Version ComparisonNot sure which version of Element is right for you?
Element is available in two versions – Free and Full
Both versions are available on the downloads page, and you can switch between versions to compare them at any time simply by entering your license key in the software.
Before proceeding, please review the following terms: Node: A plugin or other internal processing unit. Graph: Collection of Nodes and connections between them. Session: Collection of root Graphs with high level capabilities.
ELEMENT – FREE
This is our free for everyone easy to use, simple yet powerful audio plugin host.
- Powerful Audio Plugin Host – load thousands of different AU/VST/VST3 instruments and effects and play them in real-time.
- Bullet Proof Plugin Scanner – Element has the best plugin scanner, period. Plugin load-ability is of high importance!
- Flexible Connectivity – route any audio or midi output to any node on the graph.
- Internal Building Blocks – Internal nodes for specific purposes (Volume, eVerb, Wet/Dry, Comb Filter, Allpass Filter)
- Placeholders – When plugins are missing or can’t be loaded, this passes the audio through instead of breaking your Session.
- Multi-Channel Audio – Element isn’t limited to stereo audio. Utilize all ports and buses your plugins offer.
- 64 & 32 Bit – Both architectures are supported. 32/64 bit bridging is possible with jBridge.
ELEMENT – FULL
The full version of Element is our pro grade product designed for maximum control in a real time environment. It’s focus is on instrument and effect building, fast graph switching, and control with external gear.
- Element Plugins – Run Element itself as an Audio Unit, VST, VST3, or AAX Native plugin in your favorite DAW. Useful as a simple plugin wrapper or to load previously saved instruments and effects created in the standalone version.
- Importing and Exporting – Export and import Graphs to and from multiple Sessions.
- More Internal Nodes – Internal nodes for specific purposes (Graph, Audio Mixer, Manual Placeholders)
- Nested Graphs – Build graphs as self-contained nodes within a parent graph. Drop a graph export on your session to add as sub-graph, or import it in the root level of the Session.
- Velocity Curves – Balance MIDI input velocity with velocity curves added to graphs.
- Manual Placeholder – Create templates by adding manual placeholders like any other plugin and swapping them later with real plugins in another Session.
- MIDI Clock Synchronization – Synchronize Element’s internal clock to an external MIDI clock source or generate clocks to MIDI output.
- MIDI Controller Mapping – Bind external hardware controls to plugin parameters.
- MIDI Filtering – MIDI transpose, keyboard splits, channel mapping …
- Audio Mixing – Along with the Audio Mixer, is the Graph Mixer, and Node Channel Strip. Monitor audio levels and adjust input and output gains for each Node in the session. Graph Mixer is a traditional mixer displaying channel strips for each node. The Node Channel strip is a single strip which only displays the currently focused Node. Each can be toggled on or off.
The best way to learn Element and choose the right version for you is to download the free trial and see for yourself!