This is an authentic Hammond 1590B enclosure… a great metal project box. There are many different copy cat enclosures named “1590B” on the market. Make sure you check the dimensions and verify the size meets your required specs.
A legit 1590B measures 4.4 in x 2.38 in x 1.06 in (112 mm x 60 mm x 27 mm)
- Rugged, diecast aluminum alloy (tough – yet easy to machine), electronic instrument enclosure.
- Lap joint construction provides protection against access of dust and splashing water. Also provides for improved EMI/RFI shielding.
- Unpainted version is vibra finished for a smooth surface with no sharp edges.
- Textured black version is coated with tough polyester powder paint for a lasting finish, even after machining. Black screws are included to enhance appearance.
- Includes screws threaded into factory-tapped holes. Screw type and quantity vary. See details below or in drawings.
- Standard versions are designed to meet IP54.
- Low side wall draft angle (2 degrees or less) for easy P.C. board mounting.